Thursday, July 17, 2008

Inspiration

In the last couple of years, I've been doing things a bit differently than how I used to.

Started thinking about working collectively, about people management (managing their skills with the job at hand), managing them according to "our" needs than only my needs, business approach as compared to a media approach, Zero error processes (you can take my word from the least grammatical/spelling errors in this note), more pro-active, being a bit less aggressive, etc etc etc.

Today, Nikhil (my ex-boss at Starcom and good friend) exchanged some notes on Facebook and were talking about what's happening in our lives, progress and professional stuff. He actually brought light to the fact that I have changed.

Suddenly, as I work with my entire team in office on a huge pitch... this Facebook conversation strikes me...as I get into some introspection and think to myself...I've changed!!!! just as you know one day that the grass on the lawn has grown and needs a mow but don't realize this each day I look at it!

I remember Nikhil's words in the converasation "Agree Ravi is a big inspiration to all of us and whats even more heart warming is that in spite of not working with him, he still has an influence over YOU :)"

My previous notions were "You define your destiny and you decide what you must do!" but I was proven wrong and I can take Nikhil's word for it. It's been this man, Ravi (and not to forget Nikhil) who has changed the way I think about life (professional or personal). In fact, I started blogging due to the mere fact that I've been following Ravi's blogs and trying to get the most of what is written and I'm writing this as I checked Nikhil's message and then read Ravi's updated blog on risk.

All I would wish to say is ...Ravi, thank you for this :)

2 comments:

ushark said...

hey amol, Ravi is this rockstar influencer and inspiration to all of us, i too started blogging inspired by him, lots of stuff i learnt looking at him and imbibing his style of thinking and doing things, many times in some situations i think 'wonder what ravi would say or do' and i often tend to think like he does. i never knew he had influenced me so much and is in my subconscious :).
nikhil too is a very positive influence on many people, he has such good qualities of calm and sensibility.
u hve changed i can feel it in your conversations and writings, ur tempers seem to hve calmed and u r more inclusive......i mean this as a compliment.
u are evolving as a human being and all of us need to tread this path.
take care and move on.

Pure Majick said...

Hi Usha,

Thanks for the comment/compliment. I guess the change is a function of time and the people around you.

Thats all i can say! :)

Ive been going through your blog too....fortunately or unfortunatelty, such experiences improve all as human beings.

Wish u best of heath.

Amol